|Excavation size from which to set up the rig (min)||Height 3 m
Width 3.2 m
|Drill angle||Flat horizontal to 90° vertical|
|Drill tube length||1.2 m / 1.5 m|
|Power source – high pressure water (hydropower)||140 – 180 bar|
|Hole diameter||≤ 600 mm|
|Hole length||≤ 30 m|
Reef Boring Technology
To accurately drill and ream holes on reef in narrow tabular ore bodies typically found in the South African Gold and Platinum mines.
By doing it this way there is no need for the blasting of rock with explosives which means that mining can take place 24/7. People are not exposed to high risk areas (on the face) and roof support and scraper cleaning are not required.
Dilution is minimized due to only the reef being extracted.
- Water powered - clean technology
- Water powered DTH hammer
- Drilling Rig can be used in conjunction with the HPE monorail system
- Track bound or trackless versions available
- Easy set-up, alignment and break-down
- Integrated jib crane for rod, hammer and reamer handling
- Hydro transport rock due to the small rock fragmentation i.e. the rock is transported in a pipe
- Unique method of supporting the ‘roof ‘of the excavated holes to prevent closure