|Hole length (max)||3 m|
|Hole diameter||32-55 mm|
|Drill steel diameter||25 or 32 mm hex|
|Drifter power||7 Kw @ 160 bar|
|Rate of penetration – 180 MPa rock strength (quartzite, norite, granite)||Nominally 45 sec for 1 m|
|Weight (excluding steel drill)||65 kg|
|Drill water consumption||1.6 ℓ/sec @ 160 bar|
|Power source – high pressure water||140 to 180 bar|
|Closed loop – water recirculation||0.8 ℓ/sec|
|Return water pressure||16 bar|
|Blow Energy||116 Joule|
The purpose of hydropower drilling is to improve on the safety and environment and to dramatically improve on the drilling speed compared to compressed air and electric drilling and to be compatible with oil hydraulic drilling in hard rock mining conditions. The drifter is a 7 kW drilling machine that is primarily used on our drilling rigs.
- This is a unique product that is able to recirculate all the water used for powering the rock drilling machine with only the hole flushing water being dispensed.
- The drifter can be operated with or without a water return line i.e. water used to power the drifter other than for flushing, can either be dumped onto the floor or returned to the High Pressure Pump via the return line hose. If water is dumped onto the floor it is normally done for dust suppression or to cool the immediate area around the drilling rig.
- Low and acceptable noise levels.
- Rotation is powered by a turbine driven gearbox.
- The collar of the drill steel can be the crimped rubber type as the collar is not used to position the drill steel for optimal impact but for extraction only. The extra long shank (210 mm) improves drill shank life on hexagon drill steels. Forged collar and rope thread drill steel can also be used.
- Drifter can operate on normal mine service water unless it is excessively contaminated. Even then the drifter will continue to operate but life of drifter will be affected.
SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
- Cooling and dust suppression
- Elimination of inhalation of lubricating oil vapours and noxious fumes associated with compressed air products
- Low and acceptable noise levels